Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

News Source and Historical News

1. Client want to get the all the new of NewsWires, Global Press or Web News, but using the "Source=" keyword with [NEWSWIRE], [NEWSROOM] or [WEBNEWS] not work.

Is there any way to do that ?

2. Any "Topic" keyword under Newsroom (Global Press) and Web News seems not work now. e.g. "EIUVIE", "SEECOM". Is Python API can only get the news under News Wires ?

3. Client try to download old news e.g. Light Crude <CLc1> from year 2000 to 2016.

ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-01-01T00:00:00", count=1000)

But not success. Is there any time limit for downloading news thru scripting API ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalnews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kimying.lo

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

About the point 3, we can't retrieve news headline oldest than 15 months (oldest news headline for R:CLc1 is from 2016-05-02). In addition, it seems that the platform rejects request for more than 100 items.

Following request returns data:
ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-05-03T00:00:00", count=100)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
20 1 1 6

ic, thanks for solving my puzzles.

How about point 2?

I am no long able to get any news from the categories "NEWSROOM" and "WEBNEWS" with the get_news_headlines. It used to work on the days before yesterday.

icon clock
10 |1500

I just received the response.

One month ago, News service started to expose NewsRoom and WebNews categories. It's a bug that was fixed.

Currently, Python News API access is limited to News Wires.

Oh...But I think this is a valuable feature for us, would you consider to make it exposing to those categories again in the future?

Thanks

It was raised to development team as an expected feature.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello to all,

I am trying to download news from Newsroom for a particular newspaper only. I am not quite sure how to make the API search in the right place but at the moment I am interested at whether the Python News API is now able to access news wires.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.