For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
20 4 4 4

MRN News: How do I recover lost data?

We downloaded Elektron SDK - C/C++ - 1.1.0 - Windows and the examples from https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/system/files/EMA%20Tutorials.zip

Since we are interested in downloading and decoding machine readable news we took the example #5 (MRNConsumer) and changed just one line according to our configuration as suggested by Warat B.

consumer.registerClient(ReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON_DD").name("MRN_STORY").domainType(MMT_NEWS_TEXT_ANALYTICS), client); 

It works, we are able to receive data.

Question: For some reasons I have to close periodically MRNConsumer.exe application wait 30 minutes and run it again. I don't want to lose even 1 news. How do I recover lost data? How can I obrain the data of 30 minutes when MRNConsumer.exe application was shut down?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkc++mrnelektron-data-dictionarynews-text-analytics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mauro.medizza,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

We have not heard back from you.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mauro.medizza

Can you explain why you need to close the tutorial example?

MRN data is transmitted in realtime - as it happens - and therefore you cannot recover lost data using any of our realtime APIs.

It should be possible to access news archives to access data you missed. I recommend you contact your Thomson Reuters account manager to see what options are available to your organisation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.