Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 4

My get_timeseries call is producing an error which I don't understand and also the output, which should be 12 months of​ close prices on a list of 90 RICS is only producing results for a few months.

dfpr = ek.get_timeseries(ricslist[0:90],
                       fields=["Close"],
                       start_date="2016-04-01",  
                       end_date="2017-03-31", normalize=False, raw_output=False, debug=False)
('ABI.BR', ': ', 'Error: TSINoNormalizedViews, ErrorCode: TA-TSINoNormalizedViews, Fault: TSIError, Description: Server returns error. Please try again', '\n')
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@brendan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @brendan. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@brendan,

Please see the following discussion previously happened on this forum
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/15616/eikon-scripting-api-issues-with-timeseries.html

Until 3K shared rows limit is addressed I would expect all kinds of unexpected behavior when using get_timeseries method with a list of RICs. I do not reproduce the error you received when executing get_timeseries method with the single RIC 'ABI.BR'.
As an alternative you can retrieve close prices for a list of RICs using get_data method:

ek.get_data(['ABI.BR', 'AOO.BR', 'BEFB.BR', 'BPOST.BR', 'BRED.BR'], ['TR.PriceClose.date', 'TR.PriceClose'], {'Sdate':'2016-04-01', 'EDate':'2017-03-31'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.