question

Upvotes
Accepted
50 12 22 29

HTTP/1.1 429

I am getting this request while trying to download VBD files. As I searched into Google I could see that it is for too many request. Now I am not sure why it is happening. If it is happenning at all, how can I avoid it?

tick-history-rest-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Ayan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @Ayan

You can find the list of all the possible Rest API error codes from the link below.

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/StatusCodes

The detailed description of 429 error code:

"This response is returned if the client has exceeded their allowed number of requests or requested data-points. The error message will include the best recourse to resolve this issue. This may be include reducing the number of instruments per request, reducing the number of data points, reducing the number of requests per hour or reducing the number of concurrent requests."

When you received this error, there should be a message at the end stating the cause of the issue

For example:

"Too many requests for resource. Resource 'Extractions', Attempted '36550', Maximum '30000'"

The Extraction Limits can be found on the Help page. https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/ExtractionLimits

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

We are downloading VBD files, and we downloaded it yesterday also using the same commands. That time there were no such error.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@Ayan, you need to check the error message that is delivered with the HTTP 429, it should contain instructions on what to do.

From our page on HTTP status codes:

This response is returned if the client has exceeded their allowed number of requests or requested data-points. The error message will include the best recourse to resolve this issue. This may be include reducing the number of instruments per request, reducing the number of data points, reducing the number of requests per hour or reducing the number of concurrent requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

It does not shows any comments only the response, rest of the part is as usual response. Once i use -v option in curl command then only I could see the response.

The 429 response body should have a JSON object containing the error status.

That error should give you more information on the error.

If you use -s option, then add --show-error to make curl show an error message.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.