For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Why VBD files not getting downloaded as gip file with StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries?

Why VBD files not getting downloaded as gip file with StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@satish.shioshankar.gaidhane

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @satish.shioshankar.gaidhane.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted

Thanks. I see files are duplicated for all exchanges for 08/08.

I could download for 08/09..

Please look into this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have contacted content team to investigate this issue. Will keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay. Content team has informed that the duplicates are due to missing content issue in TRTH v2 Venue By Day files.

On backfilling the missing date, we had released a new set of files without deleting the old files (with missing content) which lead to confusion of duplicates.

Upvotes

we getting below error:

{"error":{"message":"The requested file was not found in AWS."}}

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Command ran :

curl -H "Prefer:respond-async" -H "Content-Type:application/json" -H "Authorization: Token token" -H "Accept-Charset: UTF-8" "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries('0xvfdvfdfd')/\$value"

pakageDeliverId above is modified for security. also token is deleted

O/p:

{"error":{"message":"The requested file was not found in AWS."}

icon clock
10 |1500

Could you provide the file name of VBD you are trying to download?

OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-5.csv.gz

this as well

ASQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-1.csv.gz

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Which programming language or command you use for downloading the VBD file? Could you provide more information? The VBD files normally is downloaded as data stream in gzip format.

If you use cURL, you need to add the -o <filename.gz> option to save the gzip data to file.

You can see the example in this question for cURL and this question for Java.

icon clock
10 |1500

I used -o as well..

and also without -o, I don't see o/p on screen.. it showing error..

curl -H "Prefer:respond-async" -H "Content-Type:application/json" -H "Authorization: Token token" -H "Accept-Charset: UTF-8" "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries('0xvfdvfdfd')/\$value"

O/p :

{"error":{"message":"The requested file was not found in AWS."}

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

I am able to replicate the error by downloading the file: OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-5.csv.gz via API. The file also cannot be downloaded from Web GUI. It returns 404 - Not Found once I try to preview it. I will escalate this issue.

There is another file named "OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-4.csv.gz" which can be downloaded. Could you please veriy the file?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Could you please try to download below file using

StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries('ID)/\$value"

ASQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-1.csv.gz

I am not able to download.

Also I don't see duplicate files for this exchange and for 08/08.

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, this file also returns Not Found.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.