question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 3 0 6

EMA C++ MRN Consumer Client - how to handle connection and status issues

I have the "EMA Consumer - Request & Decode Machine Readable News" as the basis for an MRN consumer client up and running.

I need to be able to cope with connection issues and status messages. I cannot find that information in the "ELEKTRON MESSAGE API DEVELOPERS GUIDE".

Can anybody give me an example of how to deal with connection issues and OnStatusMsg issues?

Thanks

Dave

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Warat B.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Dave Streeter

Please refer to the following post on details regards Status Msgs

Handling Rssl states in ETA API

Although it talks about ETA - similar principals apply to EMA. As mentioned by Brian Sandri, take a look at the ETA developer guide - Appendix A 'Item and Group Decision table'

EMA will try and recover connections and items for you when possible. Use ChannelSets as opposed to a single Channel - to allow EMA to attempt failover to another server if the connection to one fails - Multiple hostnames

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4 3 0 6

@Umer Nalla

In Appendix A there is a column STATUS TYPE. This has a value of Item or Group. How should this be used for MRN via EMA?

Thanks

Dave

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Dave Streeter

From an EMA Consumer perspective you would only be interested in Items.

Groups are used by Provider applications to communicate changes to the state/status for groups of instruments more efficiently.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.