Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 2 3

Is a news stream available in the Eikon Scripting API?

I am a new Eikon user and just began exploring the Python API. Is it possible to open a news stream? I thought this functionality existed but cannot find it in the documentation.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinewsstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

In some form certainly. I'm not sure if there are any immediate plans to introduce a specific interface for streaming headlines with filtering capabilities etc. But we're definitely adding an interface for streaming market data, and this is the top of the list priority for this API. Using streaming market data interface you will be able to subscribe to the RIC NFCP_UBMS, which provides unfiltered stream of news headlines. Every new news headline is published as an update on this RIC. To help you visualize it I suggest you pop up a Quote app in Eikon application and type in NFCP_UBMS. At the moment you can subscribe to this live news stream using Eikon COM and .NET APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Not at the moment. Streaming market data is not available in the Beta version of the API either.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 1 2 3

Thanks for the reply, Alex. Is this something that will be added eventually?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 1 3

@Alex Putkov. I implemented what was suggested in the answer, but am seeing some issues. Please see https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/20045/nfcp-ubms-missing-headlines.html Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.