Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Why does Eikon API Proxy not open on Mac?

I downloaded and installed API Proxy on my Mac (2015 MacBook Pro running OS Sierra). I double click the program to run it. The icon appears in the tray at the top of the screen. A window appears that reads 'Loading Login Page...' then everything disappears.

Please advise.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apimac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

According to the Proxy version, the filepath on Mac is :
\users\<username>\ScriptingProxy\Logs\Eikon.*
or \users\<username>\Eikon API Proxy\Logs\Eikon.*

Another way to find logs with Finder : sort on date created then check last created files named Eikon.*

About the possible cause, we found that several users facing to the same issue had expired their trial account for Eikon (https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/16551/view.html)

So you should verify your permissions for Eikon with the support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

It seems to be similar to https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/16551/eikon-api-proxy-does-not-open.html issue except you reproduce the issue on Mac.

Could check the Eikon.<yyyymmdd>.p<iiii>.log that is generated each time you start Eikon API Proxy and share the content ?

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Hi @pierre.faurel, I would be glad to post that log here. Any idea where this file gets stored on a Mac? I can't find it anywhere.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.