question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

POSTMAN API, How to bypass the backup of a PDF file ?

Hello,
I test using POSTMAN an API that must return me a PDF file. The server returns a pdf and POSTMAN opens the windows file explorer (browser file) that asks to save the PDF.

In order to automate this test I would have to bypass the backup of the PDF file.

Thank you for your help.

tick-history-rest-apiapiDownloadpostman
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@m_jou79, for us to be able to help you, please post the endpoint and body of the request you are making.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@m_jou79, this query is not related to the API, but to the Postman application itself. As you are requesting (and receiving) a PDF file, Postman automatically opens a file explorer window to allow you to save it.

I searched but could not find a setting that would block this automated behavior (I use the free version of Postman).

Postman is a 3rd party application, not one of our products. Please refer to the Postman documentation or support team to find out if this is configurable in the Postman version you are using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.