question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 7

DACS API - How to do data access control system (DACS ) daemon setup on windows?

I need to connect to DACS infrastructure through Java.

Based on the tutorials there is method openDaemonConnection(String authorizationName, String authorizationAgentName)

which connects to DACS daemon. Here I'm not sure how to configure DACS daemon in Windows environment.

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hello @Balwant

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @Balwant

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Balwant

the openDaemonConnection() method of the tutorial application is to initiate a connection to DACS Sink Daemon and verify if the application can connect to DACS Sink Daemon successfully. Both parameters are hard code as shown below:

client.openDaemonConnection("DACS", "dacsTutorial");

If you look into the tutorial source code, you will find that the method reads DACS Sink Daemon’s host and port from the variable named _daemonHost:

AuthorizationSystem.setProperty("dacs.daemon", _daemonHost);

_daemonHost can be set by the value coming after argument -D in getCmdParams(String[] args) method:

if ("-D".equals(args[i])) {
    _daemonHost = args[++i];
    continue;
} else if ("-S".equals(args[i])) {

Hence, to run the tutorial application to connect to DACS Sink Daemon on Windows machine e.g. ip 192.168.27.44 at port 8211. The programming arguments to run the application should be:

-D 192.168.27.44:8211 -u [USER_NAME] -p [POSITION] -a [APPLICATION_ID]

If you do not know how to configure DACS Sink Daemon to connect to DACS infrastructure or DACS Sink Daemon cannot run successfully, please submit the DACS Sink Daemon problems to DACS support team via My Account, https://my.thomsonreuters.com/ .After you log in, click "RAISE A CASE" then "Product Support". Then, select your subject e.g. “I need help using the product”. At “Select product”, select "DACS - Data Access Control System"
If you cannot access My Account, please send email to rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.