Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Issue with get_data parameters

Hi guys I was wondering if you could give me hand with an issue I'm having with the Eikon API Proxy. I'm trying to make a get_data request with python for a specific time and I'm getting an error back. for example:

ratings_data, err = tr.get_data(instruments=[ '912828D98=' ], fields=['TR.CommonName','TR.FiMaturityDate','CF_NETCHNG', 'CF_ASK', 'COUPN_RATE'], parameters={'SDate':'2017-09-13T10:00:00'} ) Also, is there any way you can get me a list of all the available search options (parameters) for a get_data request? and of course the expected format they'd be in, like if it's a boolean, or a sample string for dates, etc.
Hope to hear from you ASAP, Diego
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiparameters
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm not sure what might be the purpose of finding the bond's maturity date or coupon as of 1:10pm yesterday, but whatever the purpose, it's not possible in Eikon. From technical perspective none of the fields in your request exist as a point in time in Eikon. You can only retrieve the last available value for these fields. If you're looking for intraday price history use get_timeseries method.
The parameters of get_data method and their types are documented on this portal.
https://docs-developers.thomsonreuters.com/1505415268011/14684/book/en/eikon/index.html#get_data
The method only has 5 parameters. What I think you're missing is the metadata you can use in data requests (field names and field specific parameters). The best way to discover this metadata is by following Formula Builder wizard in Eikon Excel. The tutorial referenced below talks about metatata discovery at length.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-web-and-scripting-apis/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

@Alex Putkov What yeah those aren't the right fields. But what I was going for is what was the parameters={'SDate':'2017-09-13T10:00:00'} format for getting data for a specific time.
Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Well, then as I mentioned earlier, if you're looking to retrieve intraday price history, you need to use get_timeseries method instead of get_data. See Eikon Python API Reference Guide for the types you can use in start_date and end_date parameters.
https://docs-developers.thomsonreuters.com/1505429624336/14684/book/en/eikon/index.html#get_timeseries

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.