question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 0 6

ERROR: Unable to resolve Asset Class

Hi,

When requesting end of day data for the RIC, DIJU18, I receive the error message:

"Quota Message: ERROR: Unable to resolve Asset Class for (RIC, DIJU18) - Unable to determine RecordType".

This seems to be an issue with just this particular RIC, since it does not occur for other futures contracts for the same underlying . e.g. DIJQ18 is fine.

Could you please advise?

For reference, the request I'm using is as follows:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw HTTP/1.1
{
  "ExtractionRequest":{
    "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": ["RIC","Trade Date","Open","High","Low","Last","Settlement Price","Volume","Floor Volume","Off Floor Volume","Number of Price Moves"],"IdentifierList":{
      "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers":[{
        "Identifier":"DIJU18",
        "IdentifierType":"Ric"}
        ],
        "ValidationOptions":null,
        "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions":false},
        "Condition":{
          "StartDate":"2017-09-01T00:00:00.000Z",
          "EndDate":"2017-09-02T00:00:00.000Z"}
      }
  }

Many thanks

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

This Issue has been fixed in DataScope Select/Tick History release 11.2 on 09 October 2017.

It happens when the record type of instruments is unknown.

TRTH now treat unknown Record Types as Cash.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Service Cloud case: 05577482

Upvotes
78.8k 249 52 74

I got the same error message in the Notes. However, after using JobId to retrieve the data, the data can be extracted properly.

{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#RawExtractionResults/$entity",
    "JobId": "0x05e2c79cafeb2f86",
    "Notes": [
        "...
Base Usage
        Instrument                          Instrument                   Terms          Price
  Count Type                                Subtype                      Source         Source
------- ----------------------------------- ---------------------------- -------------- ----------------------------------------
      1 Derivatives                                                      N/A            N/A
-------
      1 Total instrument charged.
      0 Instruments with no reported data.
=======
      1 Instrument in the input list.
Quota Message: ERROR: Unable to resolve Asset Class for (RIC, DIJU18) - Unable to determine RecordType
"
    ]
}

The result after retrieving the extracted data via JobID is:

RIC,Trade Date,Open,High,Low,Last,Settlement Price,Volume,Floor Volume,Off Floor Volume,Number of Price Moves
DIJU18,2017/09/01,,,,,7.627,,,,

Moreover, after changing the EndDate to "2017-09-25T00:00:00.000Z", the error message disappears.

Is this behavior the same in your environment?

icon clock
10 |1500

yes, I see the same behaviour in my environment. I've tried a range of different end dates. if seems that with start date 1st September, any end date up to and including the 5th September gives the error message. Dates from 6th September no longer raise the error.

Most curious.

Any clarification from Reuters staff would be appreciated.

@andy.wilson

This could be a problem in TRTH V2 server.

Could you please submit this query to TRTH V2 support team via Contact Us page? After that, the support team will investigate the issue and provide you with a prompt response.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.