Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 2 6

Period end date not pulling through properly

Hi there

I'm pulling financial year ends for "BMY" using the following in python:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_id('A463F83CEF29FFA4DE13CCC6')

fields = ['TR.PriceClose.calcdate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-3).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-2).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-1).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY0).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2).periodenddate','TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3).periodenddate']

df, err = ek.get_data('BMY', fields, {'SDate': '2017-08-31', 'EDate': '1997-12-01', 'Frq': 'W'})

At calc date of 1998-01-23 (see attached output), I get the same date (1997-12-31) for both FY0 and FY1. This deviates from what I observe with the other records in the output file and also deviates from what I get when using the excel API. Please advise.

bmy.txt

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
bmy.txt (92.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As it turned out as a bug in the product, I'll extend its triage (1 week), and monitor this problem until it is fixed.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

It's very unfortunate, but it doesn't look like there's a quick fix for this issue. The issue is logged, but it doesn't look like it can be addressed in a matter of days or weeks. In the meantime the workaround is to retrieve the date column for each field and realign the dataframe or merge dataframes using dates as index as suggested on this thread:
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/19378/calcdate-not-equal-for-all-fields-in-eikon-api.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

This is the same issue as previously reported here and here. Null values or data gaps are pushed down to the bottom of the column, thus screwing up the alignment of data between rows and columns. The bug is being worked on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 2 6

Thanks Alex.

In the query posted here I switched the start and end dates- a work-around suggested by yourself in this post. This work-around solved my issue previously. Any suggestions why it would not work in this case?

Also, we are migrating many of our day-to-day processes from the Excel API to the Python API. Any indication when these issues will be resolved?

icon clock
10 |1500

@Alex Putkov. Client seems to have additional question. Can you help? Thanks,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.