question

Upvotes
Accepted
58 7 14 10

About "NODATA" in emaj

Hi @Umer Nalla,

My team met a connection problem last week, I checked the log and found that at about 14:42, my AppClient couldn't receive or didn't decode message since this log received, though it still comes "FILED LIST"(normal data):

<STATUS domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="5" containerType="NO_DATA" flags="0x08 (HAS_MSG_KEY)" dataSize="0">
<key flags="0x07 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME|HAS_NAME_TYPE)" serviceId="257" name="GBP=" nameType="1"/>
<dataBody>
</dataBody>
</STATUS>

and at about 15:44, the server discoverd the connection may go wrong, so it reconnected.

So do you know why the server sends the message above or in which case it sends, because the reconnection time is too long reaching 1 hour.logdetail-question.zip

I have attched the detail log and describtion, can you help me?

By the way, can I use Provider class to create “NO_DATA” message like this to debug my application?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Wasin Waeosri

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Raj.Huang

To perform a thorough investigation of a in intermittent connection issue, I recommend you contact our developer support service who can assist you offline. This forum is better suited to general Q&A type scenarios.

Also, I notice you addressed the question directly to me - unfortunately I am on client site for a few weeks and therefore would not be able to get involved in any involved investigation process.

With regards the 'NO_DATA' you should be able to modify on of the IProvider examples that come with the API to publish an empty payload. However, it is unlikely that merely publishing an empty payload will help simulate whatever connection scenario you encountered. Just based on a quick look at the log file, I can see your app did receive a further update message with several fields - immediately after the NO_DATA update.

As mentioned above, I recommend you open a support ticket and work with our developer support team to investigate your issue in detail.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
665 3 5 6

Hello @Raj.Huang

FYI: The log entries with NO_DATA are status messages and this type of message does not carry a payload, hence. NO_DATA. See "Market Price Status Use" in EMAJ_RDMUsageGuide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.