Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 1 2 4

API Not Returning Full Set of Results from Code

eikon-api-script-screen.pngHello,

As part of a research project, I am tasked with pulling date, time, and event data (i.e. event type) for earnings calls put out by a number of different companies dating back to 2001. When I run a query within the regular Thomson Eikon application, I am able to retrieve the data fine. However, when I run the following code through the API, it only returns data dating back ~5 years:

ek.get_data('MMM.N',['TR.EventStartDate','TR.EventType','TR.EventTitle'], {'EventType':'ECall','SDate':'20000101','EDate':'20171001'})

The above is for 3M, but the idea is to be able to utilize a script to get this information as opposed to logging in to Thomson, inputting search criteria, waiting for an excel file to be generated, etc. I have also attached a screenshot of the results for reference. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time working with Python and the Eikon API.

Thanks,

-Chris

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapifieldsapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @brunett_chri

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @brunett_chri

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The Web service that returns company events limits the response to a single request to the max timespan of 5 years. If you need events history for a longer period you need to split your request into multiple, each with SDate and EDate parameters no more than 5 years apart.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @brunett_chri,

I was able to replicate what you are seeing. As a test, I tried changing the end date to say: '20101001' and noticed the data set returned started at 2005 so it seems the data is there but what is returned is limited.

I will raise the question to the product group.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.