question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 5 4 5

Publishing my application version to TREP

Is there a standard method for all API's to enable the publishing of their API version to TREP. It appears to be available in some API's by default and not in others.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktreprfa
capture.png (27.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @robert_hau,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

No, this info is passed at the library tier, it is not controlled by the application. There is no action required from the application. It is intended for monitoring, and is not related to MIFID.

Could you please explain what could cause the concern for your users?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

RFA library versions, starting 7.4 and higher, will send their version to TREP on connection.

Consequently, all currently supported versions of RFA will report their version to the infrastructure.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 5 4 5

Are you saying if they are running less than 7.4 it will not send it, or it must be configured to do it?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Your understanding is correct, it will not send it.

RFA has been enhanced to supply this information to the infrastructure beginning with version 7.4

Please refer to API README found with SDK for the full details on this enhancement.

Please refer to APi Obsolescence section to get the latest information on API support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Zoya,

Is there anyway this can be disabled on newer versions?

This is related to MiFID and if our users can support it.

I don't want to ring an alarm unless I am 100% sure.

Upvotes
3 5 4 5

Is there anyway in a newer version that it could be disabled not to send it to TREP. We have some newer applications I would be surprised if they didn't use a newer API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 5 4 5

I understand this is not related to MiFID. My concern is do we have applications that will not support MiFID. If I am understanding correctly. If they are not passing their app version then they are running something less than RFA 7.4. I have noticed that older SSL apps populated something as well. Do you have a matrix of versions that are reported to their actual versions.

We have seen this in TREP.

Example "UPA Java Version" = ???

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

On the concern,

This depends on what you require. If you are asking if your code will break, this is unlikely, as the MIFID data will be distributed via new sets of fids, MS_... and NS_... if you application was not parsing these fids previously, it will not do so now.

However, if you are interested in fully verifying this aspect is working as expected, if you are a customer, there is a way to test. You can download from our Customer Zone a test package MIFID_test_data, it comes with the instructions and you can use it to test your applications for MIFID compliance.

On versions,

the version you see should be the correct version, for UPA below 7.4 it should not show. UPA above 7.4, version should show.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.