question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 3

Issue with RFA loader

Hi Reuters team,

As part of Reuters connectivity I am using rfaj7.2.0.E3 api to connect to the Reuters server.

To bind to the Reuters server I am supplying the binding details in the form of the xml file which contains the server name and the port but somehow the binding is not happening and so I am not able to connect to the Reuters server.

Could you please let me know a way to debug this issue as the bank would be migrating to the new Reuters server and hence we must have the connection in place.

Thanks,

Bikash

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@burnwal.bikash
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Are the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Monitored by wasin

Hello @burnwal.bikash
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Are the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Can you telnet on the machine running the RFA application to the Reuters server with the sever name and the port specified in the xml file successfully?

If “Connecting To <server>...Could not open connection to the host, on port <port>: Connect failed” is shown. The server may be down, please contact Thomson Reuters Account team. Otherwise, the application may not be able to reach the server/port due to network/firewall problem, please contact your Network’s admin.

If you can telnet to Reuters server successfully, RFA Java trace log when the problem occurs is required for investigating the problem.

You can enable RFA Java trace log by setting ipcTraceFlags=7, mountTrace=true and logFileName to be the log file. The default path of the log file is the application run directory. For example:

<entry key="mountTrace" value="true"/>
 <entry key="ipcTraceFlags" value="7"/>
 <entry key="logFileName" value="rfa.log"/>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Please make sure that the server name and the port in the xml file is correct. You can confirm this info with Thomson Reuters Account team.

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

Hi,

I did the telnet check and I am able to connect to the server, so I am failing to understand the reason why the binding is failure.

As you have mentioned that I can enable the trace but how:

1. Do I need to create a log file under the app directory and use the details as below:

2. do we have a log file which we can use and put the above trace details to debug the issue.

Thanks,

Bikash

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @burnwal.bikash

You do not need to create a log file or have a log file because RFAJ will create a new log file automatically when you start running RFAJ application.

Hello @burnwal.bikash,

Were you able to review rfa.log?

Any relevant findings?

Any follow-up?

Thanks

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Do you have any updates? Are you able to generate the log file?

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

Hi,

No I was not able to review the log as I am not clear to which file I should be putting those trace details so that when I start the RFA related services I can see/monitor the details and get the information.

Can you help.

Thanks,

Bikash

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Do you mean you do not know which file you should add ipcTraceFlags=7, mountTrace=true and logFileName to be the log file?

If so, these configuration parameters should be put in the same node that contains the server name/port where the application connects to. The node is in the xml file that the application reads to load RFA configuration.

For example: The application connects to adsserver port 14002 specified in node consConnection. Hence, the configuration parameters should be put in consConnection node as shown below.

<node name="consConnection">
      <map>
           <entry key="connectionType" value="RSSL"/>
           <entry key="serverList" value="localhost"/>
           <entry key="portNumber" value="14002"/>
      </map>
 </node>   

If you do not know which file the application reads to load RFA Configuration, you should contact the development team who develops this application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt answer. Now I know where to put those log details.

Thank you,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

Hi,

Please see the attached file which I have modified to generate the log trace. After starting the services I could not see any log file being generated in the application directory or any such possible directory.

Can you advice the reason for this. Do I need to change anything for the trace file to be generated.

Thanks,

Bikashrfa-configuration.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @burnwal.bikash

I have tested the given configuration, the RFAJ trace log file can be generated according to the trace log configuration in the node named “ssl” that you have added. It is possible that the application does not read this node.

Apart from “ssl” node, the remaining sessions point to the following connection node names:

• ssl_selectfeed
  • rssl_selectfeed
  • rssl
  • ssl_test
  • ssl_test2
  • morningstar_ssl,
  • morningstar_rssl
  • ReplayConnection

Hence, I suggest you add ipcTraceFlags=7, mountTrace=true and logFileName=rfa_<connection_node_name>.log in the all connection nodes above. For example, in the node named “rssl”

<node name="rssl">
                <map>
                  <entry key="connectionType" value="RSSL"></entry>
		  <entry key="ipcTraceFlags" value="7" />
                 <entry key="logFileName" value="rfa_rssl.log" />
                 <entry key="mountTrace" value="true" />
                </map>
</node>

This will make sure that the RFAJ trace log file will be generated regardless the application reads which connection node.

If the log file is not still generated after you add trace log configuration parameters to the remaining connection nodes, it is possible that the application reads RFA configuration from another file or another way. Hence, you should contact the development team/support who takes care of this application to ask about where the application reads RFA configuration and how to update the RFA configuration read by the application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

Hi,

Thanks for the details. I was able to generate the log trace but my problem still persists as I could not find much details inside it like which Reuters RFA jar is being used to connect to the Reuters server.

Thanks,

Bikash

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Could you attach RFA log trace file when the problem occurs? Then, I will be able to help you to analyze it to find out why your application cannot connect to the Reuters server.

Hello @burnwal.bikash

If the problem still occurs, please send us RFA log trace file when the problem occurs. Then, I will be able to help you to analyze it to find out why your application cannot connect to the Reuters server.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @burnwal.bikash

Could you attach RFA log trace file when the problem occurs? Then, we can analyze it to find out why your application cannot connect to the ADS server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.