question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 3

Dividends returning old values for some stocks

I'm using the Eikon API for .NET, and for some stocks I request dividend pay dates and ex dates and they're old.

For example, 8369.T (Bank of Kyoto Ltd), I used the field names RCA.DH.ExDate and RCA.DH.PayDate and they respectively give me March 29 2017 and June 30 2017 despite the dividend that happened Sept 27. I am using the wrong fields? Why is it some stocks and not others?

I noticed in DIB in Eikon that the fields DIVPAYDATE and EXDIVDATE are correct but when I try to request them I get back that they are not valid request parameters.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apieikon-.net-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

The dividend is due to be paid on the 1st of December (it is under dividend type: forecast interim), hence, you would need to slightly change your request in order to get it.

Firstly, the fields that you would need to use, are under Content Classification > Corporate Actions > Dividend History in DIB.

Secondly, in the request params you will need to set something like this:

"SDate=3M EDate=-1Y DivType=66:65:60:61" (Interim, Final, Forecast Interim, Forecast final)

Thirdly, in order to use the fields from DIB in COM, you will need to activate your DEX API a little bit differently as described here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

So can I use the fields I was using before (RCA.DH.ExDate and RCA.DH.PayDate) with the request parameters you describe here?

No, you cannot. It would be best to migrate to Eikon 4 field naming scheme, as at this point there's no good way to discover metadata for Eikon 3 field naming scheme, especially for the parameters you can use, as I explained on another thread.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/20499/list-of-eikon-v3-fields.html

Hello @Zhenya Kovalyov,

The developer had a follow-up question, could you please take a look?

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.