Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 1

How to authorize an account?

Hi, please help to point out a method to get the authorization for an API.

Every time it asks me to insert username, password and appid, but I have tried my account to login in developer community. But it keeps showing error! I have exploring by myself for a while, unfortunately, none of any guideline or instruction to answer this basic start question!

please help, thanks a lot.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

The Developer Community is free and anyone can create an account. The login/password is not the same than for to Eikon products.

Did you follow this Quick Start ?

If you want to use this Scripting API, you need to login through the Eikon API Proxy with an available Eikon login/pwd.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@yumin
Thomson Reuters Developer portal (developers.thomsonreuters.com) is a Web site intended for users of Thomson Reuters APIs. Anyone can register on this portal, browse its content, read the documentation for various Thomson Reuters APIs, download code samples etc. However to utilize most of Thomson Reuters APIs and to be able to retrieve data these APIs provide you need to be a subscriber to a Thomson Reuters product the API you’re using relates to. To use Eikon Web & Scripting APIs you need to be a subscriber to Thomson Reuters Eikon product. If you’re an Eikon user you need to use your Eikon account credentials to sign into Eikon API Proxy. If you’re not subscribing to Eikon, you cannot use any Eikon APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.