question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 3

List of Eikon v3 fields

Where can I find a list of available fields for the Dex2 Eikon v3 type requests (=RData() in excel)? Eikon's DIB only shows the "TR.*" type fields.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apieikon-.net-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@canada.equity5

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You should probably look into migrating to Eikon 4 field naming scheme. Eikon 3 is obsolete, I believe there should not be any Eikon v3 left in the field by the end of the year. And while there's no set date yet for complete retiring of Eikon 3 field naming scheme, it is bound to happen. This said, using Eikon 4 the closest you can get to viewing complete Eikon 3 field naming scheme is from the Quote List app in Eikon application. Double click on a column header in the Quote List app opens a dialog containing categorized Eikon 3 field naming scheme. Through this dialog it's hard to figure out what parameters and values for those parameters you can use in DEX2 library. Some of the parameters such as the ones that allow the retrieval of timeseries are specifically excluded from this dialog. But this is the most you can get using Eikon 4.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Quote List app is still giving me TR.* fields. Is there a setting or something to use the RData() scheme?

I'm not sure how you get that. Do you want to detail the replication procedure of how you see TR.* fields in a Quote List app? Here's the screenshot of Select Fields dialog of the Quote List app showing the field name for say gross revenue from company's income statement as RF.IS.GrossRevenue (not as TR.GrossRevenue).

When I clicked "Quote List" in the Eikon App menu it was actually taking me to Monitor I now realize. I have to actually type Quote List to get to it. I've found it now. Thanks so much for your help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.