question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 4 9 9

TRTH V2 : x-direct-download option

Hello,

As already explained, I did a manual schedule on the DSS website and got a file of 1.5Go (Time and sales data). When I tried to download it, it has required two hours. Even with a 800Mo/s download line... Something weird and quite unexpected !

In the post "TRTH slow download speed", user RTPKRSQT48 explains without the option x-direct-download, DSS is useless for big files.
I agree with this statement.

My questions are :
1) Is this option only available if you download data from AWS ?
2) Would it be possible to have information on this option which seems to be paramount ? A dedicated tutorial would seem appropriate.
3) Are there others options of this importance available ?

Best

JGD

tick-history-rest-apiDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Jerome Guiot-Dorel, an article on AWS downloads has just been published. You might find it useful to understand this new feature.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
78.2k 246 52 72

1) Is this option only available if you download data from AWS ?

This option (x-direct-download) is available in TRTH REST API for VBD (Venue by Day) data, Tick History Time and Sales, Tick History Market Depth, Tick History Intraday Summaries, and Tick History Raw reports. With this header, the request will be redirected to AWS for faster download.

2) Would it be possible to have information on this option which seems to be paramount ? A dedicated tutorial would seem appropriate.

You can refer to TRTH release guide on page 7 (Faster Downloads for Custom Reporting). We also have examples:

Please also refer to ADVISORY: DIRECTLY DOWNLOADING FROM AMAZON GENERATES ERROR

3) Are there others options of this importance available ?

Currently, using AWS is the fastest way to download files. Another option is using concurrent downloads with Range header. For more information, please refer to this document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.