question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 15 18

Connection does not support advanced symbol list.

Hello, am trying to test data access to TREP and am getting the log info below with no output data. Any idea what is going? If possible could you give me a direct line I can call for any troubleshooting?

Regards,

josa

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @josa,

Can you include the log info? I don't see it. Also, can you provide what example program you are using and which API? In addition, the name of the item you are requesting?

thanks.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @josa

Would you like to request MARKET_PRICE or Symbol list? In your given figure, you requested MARKET_PRICE as shown below:

If you would like to request Symbol list, please change the command line application to specific SYMBOL_LIST instead of MARKET_PRICE. Then, you should be able to request Symbol list.

Normally, when you request symbol list, you will get all RICs belonging to symbol list. To get data of all RICs, the application needs to subscribe each RIC. Using Advanced Symbol list feature, the application can get data of all RICs belonging to symbol list by subscribe the symbol list(subscribe once).

“Connection <connection node> does not support advanced symbol list. RFA will open data streams on behalf of client data stream request.” Indicates that the server does not support Advanced Symbol list feature however RFA will do this instead; RFA will subscribe each RIC to get data and returns to the application. The application just subscribes the symbol list; it does not need to subscribe each RIC to get data.

If you can still not get data and you want to get my team support(TRDC) directly (by email), you can submit the problem to us via https://customers.reuters.com/developer/crmcontactus/support.aspx since you are our registered user. Please specify RICs and ModelType(SYMBOL_LIST or MARKET_PRIC) that you would like to request data. If you cannot access the web site or submit the query, please send an email to rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

connectionissue.png (113.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Nothing was in the log file, but the .png file is what was displayed on the console.

ELECTRON_EDGE is the service am trying to connect.

Regards,

josa

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.