question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Can not connect to EikonDesktopDataAPI using C# code.

I am consuming Eikon Desktop API in my new project. My whole projects is working well when I am running it through Visual Studio 2013, but when I am running it from EXE it is encountering an error.

Error I Am Getting.

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {70B3E69B-E207-412E-8A27-E94A01F96728} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

This is the code I am using

eikonConnect = new EikonDesktopDataAPI.EikonDesktopDataAPI(); <-- this gives above error

EEikonDataAPIInitializeResult l_result = _eikonConnect.Initialize();

_eikonConnect.OnStatusChanged += EikonConnect_OnStatusChanged;

I tried to run VS and Eikon in admin mode, same error.

Can anyone help ?

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have you tried to collect the information from @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai's response yet? This information will be helpful to investigate the problem.

Asked the customer to collect more information. The triage has been extended 1 week.

It's been a month since Jirapongse asked the client for additional info. It doesn't look like the user is going to provide it. I'm converting Jirapongse's comment to answer and accepting it.

@bhavishyagoyal

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

You can use a Process Monitor tool to troubleshoot the problem.

In Process Monitor Filter, include your process name and then select "Show Registry Activity" and "Show System File Activity". After that, run the application.

Pay attention to the Result column, you should see the error there.

You can save all activities to a file and attach it in the response

promon.png (34.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.