question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 1 4

Static data which API to use with .NET

Hi,

Ca you please suggest which Reuters .NET API is best suitable for getting static data for equities such as SEDOL, ISIN?

Thanks for info,

Petr

treprfarfa-apiapi.netstatic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @petr.synek

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

My apologies. I misread your question. For some reason I thought you were asking what Eikon APIs you could use to retrieve static data.
Since you're actually interested in consuming data in an enterprise application the product you should look at is Datascope Select. RFA API can only deliver market data from Thomson Reuters real-time data network known as Elektron. For static data you need Datascope Select. Please follow the link below for the Datascope Select page on this portal.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/datascope-select-dss

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great. I'll look at this. Thanks.

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

If the only static data you need is symbology conversion for equities, then you can use Symbology service of Eikon .NET API. See
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/learning?content=8725&type=learning_material_item
But if you also need fundamental and reference data for stocks then you should use DEX2 COM library instead
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/learning?content=804&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 4 1 4

Thanks for your response Alex. I'll check it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 4 1 4

Both these libraries require Eikon desktop package to be installed on the same computer. Is there some standalone API library (for getting Reuters static data) which is suitable to run on server?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 4 1 4

Can possibly be RFA API be used to get static data?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

petr.synek

RFA API and other TREP APIs can not used to request static data for equities such as SEDOL, ISIN. Baiscally it support only Real-Time market data from Elektron for RealTime. And user has to know RIC name in advance when request the data.

As Alex said the product you should look at is Datascope Select.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.