question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 5 6

TRTH REST API - Data Extraction limit

Hi,

Can you please help me with below queries ?

1) What is the limit on number of RICs that can be passed when I do -

#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests

2) The reason I am asking this question is because I tried to download intraday per minute history data for 6 RICs one-by-one and it took me almost 20 minutes to get the data downloaded and saved in csv file.

3) Can you also please provide the list of all valid ContentFieldNames.

4) Is it possible to have multiple sessions running at the same time with same user Id and password but different session token? I am trying to see if multiple session can help in download pace?

5) I am planning to use multiprocessing in python to see if I can have several concurrent processes running all together to download the pace.

6) Also If you have any other detail which can help me to work on download performance and pace

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rahul_srivastava,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @rahul_srivastava,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello,

1) Extraction Limits

2) But with a word of caution, as right now I am observing a slow-down, for a clean test case,

I would try testing the same case tomorrow.

3) TRTH Data Dictionary - Field Descriptions

4) 4 simultaneous API requests per user, 2 of them can be the same type

5) -> 4)

6) x-direct-download option to speed up downloads by using AWS, described

RELEASE NOTES FOR TICK HISTORY 11.1.5.5

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.