question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 1 0 3

x64, C++ and Eikon

I am running on a x64 platform and am using C++. I cannot change either of these things. It seems like the .NET api doesnt work with C++ and the COM api doesnt work with 32bit.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you for all the help in advance

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What functionality are you after? Real-time, time series or fundamental data?

@Cloudpta1
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Are the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid there's no better solution at the moment. What you came up with is pretty much the only thing you can do today. When we fully launch new Web based Eikon Data APIs, you will be able to use them in pretty much any modern dev environment. But the full launch of these new APIs is not exactly right around the corner yet, I'm afraid.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 1 0 3

Fundamental data. The solution I have come up with for the moment is to wrap COM api up in an x86 console app with couple of named pipes to send requests and get responses from.

Be happy to know of a better solution.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
16 1 0 3

If it is ok then when i debug what I wrote I will post it here, in case anyone else has the same issue

icon clock
10 |1500

Certainly. This is an open forum for software developers using Thomson Reuters APIs to share ideas and experiences. Any post that might be useful to other developers using TR APIs is much appreciated here.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.