question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 8 0 5

Limitation on amount of requested instruments using EMA

Hi, I am trying to streaming tick data for 40 instruments in a single program. Once 21 of them has been registered, no more registration can be done.

May I know if there is a limitation of number of instruments?

What is the criterion?

Why there are 2 threads for each registration?

I am using a for loop to do this.

for(int i=0; i<40, i++) {
consumer[i] = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("000.000.0.000:00000").username("ABC"));
				OmmConsumerClient eventHandler = this;
				consumer[i].registerClient(
						EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("IDN_SELECTFEED").name(int2RicMap.get(key)),
						eventHandler);
}
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
136 3 3 3

Hi @hujunhu,

please use only one instance of the OMMConsumer for all registerClient calls. An OMMConsumer is like a JDBC connection where you connect once and use it for all database queries. Sure, you can have more OMMConsumers for a client sided load balancing or if you need to connect to more end-points (backbones), but usually one OMMConcumer is what you need.

Regards,
Michal

final OMMConsumer myConsumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("000.000.0.000:00000").username("ABC"));

for(int i=0; i<40, i++) {
				OmmConsumerClient eventHandler = this;
				myConsumer.registerClient(
						EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("IDN_SELECTFEED").name(int2RicMap.get(key)),
						eventHandler);
}

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Michal, Thanks for your answer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.