Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 3

Is there a way to stay connected on both Eikon Desktop App and Eikon API proxy at the same time? It seems that when you log in to one of them the other logs out

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapilogging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @zouss

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @zouss

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Not at the moment. However in a couple of weeks Eikon 4.0.42 will be released to all users globally. This and any subsequent versions of Eikon will have API proxy embedded in Eikon application. You will not need to run separate API Proxy application to be able to use Eikon Data APIs. Eikon application will be acting as API proxy listening on port 9000, so as long as Eikon application is running you will be able to execute your Python scripts just as you do today only without separate Eikon API Proxy application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 1 3

Hi Alex, I have 4.0.42 installed, how do I go about enabling the proxy functionality on it?

icon clock
10 |1500

You don't need to enable anything. Just launch Eikon and then run your Python script. Eikon application will act as the API Proxy.

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work?! I ran a netstat in Windows and it doesn't seem like anyone is listening on port 36036 if I don't run the actual proxy.

My apologies. The port number I gave is incorrect. I just corrected it in my response. When Eikon v4.0.42 is launched it creates the file named ".portInUse" under %APPDATA%\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy\ and writes the port number to be used by Eikon Data APIs into this file. Eikon Python library picks up the port number from this file. The first port that's checked for availability (and used if available) is 9000. This is a change compared to standalone Eikon API Proxy, which by default used port 36036.

Show more comments
Upvote
18 1 0 3

Got the same problem, Eikon did not create the .portInUse file. Created manually the file with "9000" as content and now it works.

icon clock
10 |1500

How did you create the file? i too have the same problem

@p.volgger

Thanks for posting

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.