Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

how to get tick size of a contract

Hi, I am using python api to get some basic information on each contract.

The command I am using is like below.

ek.get_data(instr,fields=['CF_VOLUME','CF_CURR','CF_LOTSIZE','CF_EXCHNG','BS_PNT_VAL','MPV'])

I am wondering if there is a field associated to "tick size" of the contract.

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitick-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe there is an easy way to retrieve the tick size of a future contract, but the best place to direct to content questions such as this one is Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. Call the Helpdesk phone number in your country or use Contact Us capability from your Eikon application and ask how to retrieve tick size of a future into Excel. If the Helpdesk comes up with a way to do this, then you should be able to utilize the same field names and parameters in Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Due to an outage of the Thomson Reuters Developer Community email notification system from 2:30 PM CDT on November 29th until 9:00 AM CDT on November 30th we are posting to all questions updated during this timeframe in order to ensure all customers receive all relevant email updates. Please review this question, and its associated answers, in order to ensure you are aware of any possible updates that may have occurred during this outage. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused.

Matthew Logterman, J.D.

Sr. Product Manager, Thomson Reuters Developer Community

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 4 5 10

Other than Eikon API, is there any other way for our RFA API or DSS API to obtain tick size information?

icon clock
10 |1500

Content search and explanation questions are best directed to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk for the most authoritative answer.
In my experience using DSS you can ask for the field "Tick Value", which gives the dollar value of the min price change per contract. I tried it for the following future RICs and got correct values for all of them: Cc1, EDc1, NGc1, ESc1, LCOc1.
Using RFA you can retrieve the field PRC_TICK, which gives the tick size or the min price change in the quotation unit. I found this field populated for all the above RICs except NGc1.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.