question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 4

RFA Java Client cannot connect to EZD Server

I encountered the following problem while using tutorial code to connect to EZD deployed service at our network. The program prints the following error message:

Dec 01, 2017 3:44:54 PM com.reuters.rfa.internal.connection.rssl.RSSLClientConnection processTransportConnected INFO: com.reuters.rfa.connection.rssl.RSSLNamespace.rsslConnection Connection[RSSLNamespace::rsslConnection]: Requested version 14:1, Connected version 14:0

LoginClient: Receive an OMM_CONNECTION_EVENT Name: RSSLNamespace::rsslConnection Status: { state: DOWN, code: NONE, text: "Channel disconnected"} Host: 47.52.248.115 Port: 14002 The code I am using comes from Java Tutorial 8, Getting Market Data https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-0/learning?content=3129&type=learning_material_item Do you have any clue about this problem? I cannot finish even login. Here is my RSSL configuration spec

<node name="RSSLNamespace">  <map/>  <node name="Connections">    <map/>    <node name="rsslConnection">      <map>        <entry key="connectionType" value="RSSL"/>        <entry key="serverList" value="ip_address"/>        <entry key="portNumber" value="14002"/>        <entry key="logFileName" value="console"/>        <entry key="mountTrace" value="true"/>      </map>    </node>  </node>  <node name="Sessions">    <map/>    <node name="rsslSession">      <map>        <entry key="connectionList" value="rsslConnection"/>      </map>    </node>  </node></node>
treprfarfa-apitutorial
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @alex.zhou,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @alex.zhou,

Is EZD reporting any issues in EZD log? Would it make sense to enable debugging in ezd.cnf ?

Have you been able to connect RFA consumer to this installation of EZD before?

If this is the first attempt, and you are not able to connect, suggesting to test with demo client first. Demo client can be found with EZD installation in folder demo, is called rmdstestclient and is a command line test client. Once you are able to subscribe with rmdstestclient, you will be able to use the same parameters with custom RFA client.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @alex.zhou,

According to the Status: { state: DOWN, code: NONE, text: "Channel disconnected"}, it seems that the connection between RFA Java application and EZD was disconnected. I suggest you should contact EZD(Thomson Reuters Elektron Connect) support team. The team can help you to analyze EZD log if there was any problem in EZD which caused disconnection.

You can submit the query to EZD support team directly via https://my.thomsonreuters.com/
After you log in, click "RAISE A CASE" then "Product Support". Then, select your subject e.g. “The product does not work as expected”. At “Select product”, select “Thomson Reuters Elektron Connect”. Please attach EZD log file. If you cannot access the web site or submit the query, please should send an email to rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.