Content-Type: application/json
Cache-Control: no-cache
Postman-Token: f0cacf9b-0998-4e87-1385-e984cc32b255

{
	"SearchRequest": {
		"ExchangeCodes": ["NEO"]
	}
}

I get back the seemingly appropriate response with a list of 250 objects under the 'value' key. There is also the @odata.nextlink": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch?$skiptoken='MjUw'

However, when I follow the nextlink with the following request:

POST /RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch?$skiptoken='MjUw' HTTP/1.1
Host: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com
Authorization: Token <token>
Content-Type: application/json
Cache-Control: no-cache
Postman-Token: f8126ddd-e95c-891d-3fe6-8ecae3d5b097

{
	"SearchRequest": {
		"ExchangeCodes": ["NEO"]
	}
}

Instead of getting the next batch of items (presumably another 250, the same as the default for the first) I get 500, including the first 250 from the previous request and response.

Following the next nextlink yields 750, including many, but not all, of the items from the previous two requests.

As I follow the nextlinks the response size increases, and eventually reaches a steady state where new nextlinks are returned but the returned values are the same every time.

This behaviour occurs both in Postman and in custom Python code using the requests library. Manual pagination using the $top and $skip parameters yields similar results. Through experience, this particular query has ~5600 unique objects in its result set, and if I request a maxpagesize of 6000 I get them all in one request.

I have used the odata.nextlink pagination method successfully with the VenueByDay endpoints for retrieving large numbers of venue files, so I don't believe my implementation of the handling of odata.nextlink is at fault. Is it possible that there is an ordering issue server-side?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @acampbell,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @acampbell

I am able to replicate the issue too. The response returned from next link should be next 250 rows only. It seems like the issue is in server side. Please contact DSS support team via the Raise A Case,selecting product "Reuters DataScope Select".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@acampbell,

Pagination is not fully implemented for searches. This thread and this thread give a few details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.