question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

EMA - channel DOWN

Hello,

I am facing an issue while making snapshot with EMA. I am connected to ads that gives me the RT values I need for.
The issue is linked to the number of products I send to the ads: around 75,000. When around 30,000, my application doesn't send anything anymore to the ads and the requests are stacked on my side. When I investigate in the EMA source code, I find that when reaching around 30,000 requests, my ReactorChannel becomes in state DOWN and then all new requests are stacked in the unsent queue.
Do you have an idea why this is happening?
Is there any limit somewhere regarding the number of requests to send through a channel?

Thanks in advance.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apireactor
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hello @TD_BNP,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @TD_BNP,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @TD_BNP

Sorry. I have deleted your replies accidentally. Anyway, I have added the answer from the Github which I think it solves your problem. If not, please add the solution that you have made to fix the problem. This will guide other members who face the same problem.

Thanks.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

According to the Github raised by the client, https://github.com/thomsonreuters/Elektron-SDK/issues/41

The development team suggested that to request a large number of items, GuaranteedOutputBuffer should be increased. For example, the EMA Java performance example (emajconsperf) uses a GuaranteedOutputBuffer setting of 50000 to accommodate the large number of item requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @TD_BNP

Have you tried the latest EMA version shipped with Elektron SDK - Java - 1.1.1 package yet?

If the problem still occurs with the latest version, you should contact EMA development team who can help you to fix EMA or provide the workaround for this problem. Please contact EMA development team directly via https://github.com/thomsonreuters/Elektron-SDK/issues then click "New issue" button to raise your problem to EMA development team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Hello @Pimchaya.Wongrukun,

I am actually using the SDK 1.1.1. So I will raise a ticket diretly via github.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.