Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Retreiving data from external file

Hi,
I'm using a sheet using TR Eikon Office to receive data from eikon and are trying using a macro in another workbook that copies and pastes this data. The macro opens the data downloader file and copy the data to paste this into the other workbook. The problem I encounter is that the macro is faster than updating the data. So in some formulas it copies "retrieving.." Do you have a solution for this?

I was thinking about a macro that says it should update the worksheet first. Hope you can help in this.

Regards,

Kevin

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apimacros
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

There are several ways you can go about this.
1. You can use MACRO keyword in =TR function, which allows to launch a macro once all the data retrieved by this instance of =TR function is returned into the worksheet. This approach is only practical if you're able to retrieve all the data you need with a single =TR function. For documentation on using MACRO keyword in =TR function see Eikon Excel Help.

2. Use synchronous methods to refresh Eikon Excel data retrieval functions in a workbook. See the following thread for details.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/20247/can-you-please-send-me-the-excel-vba-code-which-ex.html
3. Use Eikon COM APIs for data retrieval instead of worksheet functions. This way you can do all your data retrieval in VBA, which gives you full control of the flow. For details see Eikon COM APIs for use in Microsoft Office section on this portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.