question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

Testing the Example files in my local machine

How i can do the testing code on my personal machine that not connected to Reuter servers ?

our setup is setup machine in our datacenter contacted to Reuters servers by VPN connection , but before we implement the code need to test it in my machine !! how i can do that ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

You can use infra tools (rmdstestclient and sink_driven_src) to capture and replay the real-time data.

For more information, please refer to this question. If you don't have these tools, please contact your TR account team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @tarek.aboukhaled

EMA provides interactive provider example applications located in <Elektron SDK package>\Ema\Src\examples\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\iprovider. Consumer applications can connect to them directly. Hence, you can run a consumer application to connect to an interactive provider example application on the same machine.

You may start with example100__MarketPrice__Streaming which illustrates how to create and publish a single OMM streaming item. For more details of Interactive Provider application, please refer to EMAJ_DevGuide.pdf and EMAJ_ConfigGuide.pdf for its configuration parameters.

The example steps to run the interactive provider, example100__MarketPrice__Streaming, and the consumer application, example100__MarketPrice__Streaming, are list below:

1. In <Elektron SDK package>\Ema\Src\examples\EmaConfig.xml, modify RdmFieldDictionaryFileName and EnumTypeDefFileName parameter of Dictionary_3 node used by the provider application to use the preference dictionary files(default is dictionary files in the current directory). For example:
<Dictionary>
    <Name value="Dictionary_3"/>
    …
    <RdmFieldDictionaryFileName value="C:\Elektron-SDK\Ema\etc\RDMFieldDictionary"/>
    <EnumTypeDefFileName value="C:\Elektron-SDK\Ema\etc\enumtype.def"/>
    …
</Dictionary>

2.Compile the example applications. At <Elektron SDK package>\Ema\Src\examples, you can use ant command.

3.Run example100__MarketPrice__Streaming_IProv.bat which run interactive provider

4.Run example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.bat which run consumer

When the consumer can connect to the provider, the provider will show the message below:

And the consumer will receive data as example figure below:

Note: example100__MarketPrice__Streaming provider application provides the service named DIRECT_FEED.

receiveddata.png (31.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 3
Dear @Pimchaya.Wongrukun,

What you have suggested is just to test the code but not the real received data of the example. Is there any

way to get demo server irrespective of our real time user where we can get real data even if it is old? We care of the data received and how it is bundled.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.