For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 3 4 5

Node.js WebSocket sample does not update. (Python sample OK)

I downloaded the "streamingtools" zip file that contains the various websocket sample files and when trying out the Node.js samples, even though the app appears to successfully connect the websocket and login, after sending the initial ItemRequest there is no response from the server. No errors shown either... However, when trying out the Python samples, the server sends plenty of updates just fine. I thought maybe the sample files were bad, but when I downloaded the "Try it now" sample package, even the premade web pages had the same problem - websocket and login okay, but no updates or feedback from server.

pythontreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtonode-js
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Tokyo Nick,

Can you provide some more details? I just tried both the 'market_price.js' node example as well as the premade web pages within the "Try it now" sample package and received updates from the server. Have you installed the latest version of ADS 3.2 released on Nov 30th?

thanks.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @Tokyo Nick,

If you participated during the Beta phase, you may have an older version of the ADS installed. Ensure you have the official ADS 3.2 version released on Nov 30th.

Nick

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 3 4 5

Hi @nick.zincone.1

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply!

It must be the ADS version we're running. I guess Python was supported since the Beta version.

I'll check internally. Thanks again!

Nick

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.