Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Python Eikon API

Hi.

I have Eikon application version 4.0.42 installed on my computer. I followed the instruction about how to use Eikon API but received following error;

Warning: file .portInUse was not found. Is Eikon Scripting Proxy running? Defaulting to port 36036

"EikonError: 'Error code 401 | Eikon Proxy not installed or not running. Please read the documentation to know how to install and run the proxy. '"

I tried to download the Eikon Proxy but the installation package can't be opened. I tried to open it in three different PC but all had the same result.

The following is my script:

import eikon as ek ek.set_app_id('XXX')

ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2017-04-05T09:00:00', date_to='2017-04-05T18:00:00')

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gillian.thompson,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@gillian.thompson
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvote
Accepted
942 9 9 13

Hi @gillian.thompson,

We will deliver a new version of the Python library (0.1.11) that should solve your issue. It should be available next week. Stay tuned.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Olivier. I am looking forward the new version!

Hi @gillian.thompson,

The new Python library (0.1.11) is now available on PyPi. Could you please give it a try and see if it solves your issue?

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

See my comments from Nov 27th on the following thread, which may help you figure out what's wrong.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/21391/log-in-on-eikon-desktop-app-eikon-api-proxy.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello Alex. Thanks for sharing your comments and it did help. But I still can't get my Python script run. It shows the following message at the beginning "Warning: file .portInUse was not found. Is Eikon Scripting Proxy running?". And I can't filed named ".portInUse" and the folder named "Eikon API Proxy" either. Should I reinstall the Eikon?

It can't hurt to reinstall Eikon. Though I would suggest first simply rebooting the box.

Hi Alex, I am working with a user having the same error message: "Warning: file .portInUse was not found. Is Eikon Scripting Proxy running?" We do not see the %appdata%\thomson reuters\Eikon API Proxy folder being created. He is running the latest Eikon 4.0.42144. Rebooted machine and reinstalled Eikon but did not help. Any advice on why the Eikon API Proxy folder is not being created? Here is a screenshot of the error: pastedimage.png

pastedimage.png (67.5 KiB)
Show more comments
Upvotes
5 0 1 6

hello,

data, error=ek.get_data('EUR=', ['TR.ASKPRICE.Date', 'TR.ASKPRICE','TR.BIDPRICE'], parameters={'SDate':'2018-06-20', 'EDate':'2018-06-22'})

How to specify the Hour/min/sec on the SDate in order to retreive the BID/ASK of EUR at a specific time (secondes).

Thank you,

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for posting your question on a separate thread. This makes it easier for the moderators to follow it and for anyone who may have similar question in the future to discover it. The answer has been posted on the new thread you started.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.