Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 9 6 13

How do I retrieve RIC codes of stock symbols for a country, e.g. Canada?

How do I retrieve RIC codes of stock symbols for a country, e.g. Canada? I would like to retrieve this info preferably using the EIKON Python API.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatarics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vanderkroon

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

vanderkroon avatar image   vanderkroon pimchaya.wongrukun01

Awesome, great!

Two more things:

1) How or where do I find the country codes?

2) What if I wanted to add TR.CompanyMarketCap > 25000000 ?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

Refer to the product overview, the APIs provide access to the following content sets:

• News
  • Price time series
  • Symbology conversion
  • Fundamental and reference data

It doesn't provide a search functionality.

Currently, you can use Screener with Eikon Data API. However, it is not yet officially supported by Eikon Data API.

Screener can provide the list of RICs by Country of Exchange. The snippet code is:

screener_exp = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.ExchangeCountryCode,"CA"))'
companies_data, err = ek.get_data(instruments=[screener_exp], fields=['TR.RIC'])
companies_data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.