Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 5

Can Python API acquire 30min data of G7 FX?

I can get the 30min price from EIKON EXCEL,which in python only can acquire hourly data using ek.get_timeseries. Is there any way to get the halfhour data in pyhton?

RIC is :

"EUR=", "JPY=", "AUD=", "GBP=", "HKD=", "MYR=", "CHF=", "NZD=", "RUB=", "SGD=", "CAD=

I want to get 7:30 and 16:30 price of these currency.

thanks very much

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

Refer to Eikon Data API Reference Guide, get_timeseries supports 'tick', 'minute', 'hour', 'daily', 'weekly', 'monthly', 'quarterly', and 'yearly' intervals.

For a workaround, please refer to this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I had read this Giude.Does get_timeseries() only support 'tick', 'minute' and 'hour', not support half hour data, which work in excel? Because 'tick', 'minute' model can not acquire long period price, such as 1 year. Half hour data support 1 year period.

Thanks

Yes, it only supports those intervals.

For the 'minute' interval, the oldest data that I can retrieve for EUR= is 2017-01-09 08:50:00.

df = ek.get_timeseries(['EUR='],start_date='2017-01-09T00:00:00',end_date='2017-01-10T23:59:59',interval='minute')

minute.png (9.1 KiB)
Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@chengyuchi, you can get 1-minute bars and resample them with pandas, have a look at the official documentation or this discussion on stack overflow.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.