Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Information on port usage

I want to get more detailed information on port 80/443 using API to download data. I would like to know what are each port used for.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiport-number
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

could you provide a little context to your question please? i.e. which ports are you talking about, which environment, which tools and what you are looking to achieve?

I am currently using a self-built C# Eikon Data Download API in a VM environment. I want to download massive data from Eikon through an SSIS package

Which underlying Thomson Reuters API does your self-built api use?

Show more comments

@yilin.x.chen

These are standard HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443) ports used in variety of web technologies. Can you please elaborate which API you are using and where you see it.

The current Eikon Data API's (Python/R) use a random internal port number and do not use either of those.

I am using a self-built C# API in a VM environment to download a lot of data. And right now the issue is that the API only sent traffic to port 443 not port 80.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@yilin.x.chen I suggest you raise this with your local Thomson Reuters Support and with your bank's technical account manager, as it seems like using Eikon in a VM hosted environment for the desktop API breaks the end user licence.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.