Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Status (active-inactive) of a company

Hello,

I'm having trouble in finding the most suitable field for the need I have. I'm looking for the historical status (active-inactive) of a company. For my needs I could use both a daily feed (i.e. retrive the information for all the days in a range) or a "date of change" information (i.e. the list of all the dates when the status was updated in a range).

At the moment I'm using the get_data api and the field "TR.OrganizationStatusCode". This field however does not appear to have any historical reference since no parameters for a time serie is available in the documentation. Indeed the answer I get from the server for a timeframe is a "spot" answer, disregarding the range.

fields = [ek.TR_Field('TR.OrganizationStatusCode'),ek.TR_Field('TR.OrganizationStatusCode.fielddescription')]
params = {"SDate":"2014-12-27","EDate":"2017-04-01","FRQ":"D"}
req = ek.get_data(['AAPL.O'],fields,params)
Instrument |Organization Status Code| Description AAPL.O | Act|Indicates whether the organization is Active o...

Does anyone knows a field which suits my needs?

Thanks in advance for your help

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apistatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

I suggest that you should try and build this functionality out in an Excel spreadsheet with the help of your local Thomson Reuters support desk, as this content question is too specific for this forum.

TR.OrganizationStatusCode is indeed a flag. If you want to get some temporal data, have a look at Corporate Actions for 'Delisted' events, etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much, I will follow your advice

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.