Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Keep getting same error for R package for Eikon - reikon, built by Ahmed - HELP

I have tried installing and reinstalling.

I have tried different version of R

I have also tried R 32 vs. 64bit

And I have tried running the package/command through R studio But I keep runing into the same error @Ahmed:

> install_github("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")
> library(eikonapir)
> data_frame = get_data(list("IBM", "GOOG.O", "MSFT.O"), list("TR.PriceClose", "TR.Volume", "TR.PriceLow"))
No encoding supplied: defaulting to UTF-8.
Error: parse error: premature EOF

(right here) ------^
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

I was not setting the app id for Eikon. The git lib for reikon explain we need to downlaod it. when downlaoded, the readme file states keys have been integrated into Windows terminal of Eikon and have no need to be downlaoded seperately. It goes on to further state that we can extract these keys from the Eikon Terminal directly - I had missed this part and had assume we did not need the Keys anymore.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Excellent!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.