For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 5

How do I get credentials for the WebSocket API connection

I have downloaded both the MarketByOrderExample.zip and streamingtools.zip examples.I now need the appropriate command line credentials including the connectivity details. Can you supply? If not let me know how I can apply for the information.

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoauthenticationconnectionport-numbercredentials
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @ralphh,

The user credentials must be provided by your market data team. They will provide you proper server connection parameters as well as the necessary login credentials. Once you receive those, I would encourage you to download the "Try it Now" documentation from the developer portal.

This will allow you to quickly determine if the connection and login details work before you supply them to your examples.

Also, ensure they have the proper server setup for you to connect to. They can find the details on the WebSocket API Overview page.

ahs.png (31.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @ralphh

Elektron Websocket API requires a TREP 3.2 infrastructure. Ask the market data administrator in your organization for connectivity and authentication details to your local ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.