question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

How to obtain USD treasury static data (off-the-run and on-the-run)?

Is there a way to obtain all static data for treasuries, for on the run and off the run?

By static data, I mean values such as COUPON, ISSUE_DATE, MATURITY_DATE, CUSIP, SECTOR.

Off-the-run treasuries can change from one day to the next, hence I want a way to query this from a Java side UPA process. I will then use the static data to subscribe to relevant bonds to get the bid and ask.

Perhaps there is a chain type construct to achieve this?

elektronelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apibondstradeonepass
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there a way to obtain all static data for treasuries, for on the run and off the run?

By static data, I mean values such as COUPON, ISSUE_DATE, MATURITY_DATE, CUSIP, SECTOR.

Off-the-run treasuries can change from one day to the next, hence I want a way to query this from a Java side UPA process. I will then use the static data to subscribe to relevant bonds to get the bid and ask.

Perhaps there is a chain type construct to achieve this?

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9
@clive.hill

You can obtain those data from their respective fields.

• FID 69 - COUPN_RATE
  • FID 102 - COUPN_DATE
  • FID 107 - ISSUE_DATE
  • FID 68 - MATUR_DATE
  • FID 78 - OFFCL_CODE (CUSIP)

However, the fields are on the bond RIC itself, so you would have to subscribe to all of them to get all data.

The SpeedGuide page US/GOVT1 contains the list of chains that hold the on-the-run and off-the-run US treasuries. You can use the SpeedGuide tool to access the page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.