question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Quote's api slow to respond

I'm polling Quote's API periodically but there seems to be fairly long latency getting back the response. I'm getting quotes for 20 to 50 RIC's per request and the response comes back in around 5 seconds, fluctuating between 3 and 10 seconds. Ideally I'd like to be able to get a update once every second, 10 seconds is already quite slow for the purposes.

The account is a demo account but it is supposed to have rights to un-delayed data. So I'm wondering if I'm being still being throthled for some reason? Surely the endpoint can't be that slow... I'm using JSON, and this is the endpoint path /api/Quotes/Quotes.svc/REST/Quotes_1/RetrieveItem_3

Any ideas what could be the issue here?

rkd-apirkdjson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @eneo.karagjozi.1 @wim.ooms

Could you please help the client regarding this TRKD Quote service question?

Best regards,AHS Support

Hello @matti,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@matti
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
201 3 2 2

Matti,

The demo account is an account that is used by multiple people that want to test our API.

There is indeed an active throttling on the quotes snap shot service. If throttling is activated , you will get a throttle error message in your response.

In snap shot mode , we don't allow periodical refreshes in time interval smaller than 2 minutes. If you periodically want to refresh the market data for X amount of RICs, you are allowed to do but you have to respect a refresh rate of 1x/2 minutes.

If I understand your use case, you want to get a higher update rates. Streaming Quotes is the right service to be used in that use case.

On the performance of the Quotes service. I don't see any issues with the response times on our platform and want to investigate your request a little deeper. We have a dedicated team within Thomson Reuters that helps clients with the onboarding of new clients. The team is mentioned on the TRKD API welcome letter that you received . ( this welcome letter contained also the credentials to access the service )

If you send an email to Onlinesolutions@thomsonreuters.com and attach the Json request that you used, we will further analyse and give you some more feedback on why you see that delay and most probably we will provide you also with some tricks on how you can improve the response times.

kind regards

Wim Ooms

TRKD API Product Manager

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Yes, it's slow.

But now they have an streaming api (websocket) to receive price ticks. You might want to check that out. I've been using it locally (not in production yet) and so far it works good.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.