Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Hope someone can help in regards to Eikon API -> Search Results Limitations

What is the limit (if there are any) in terms of the number of returned Search results based on certain criteria? It is 2k, 5k or ? We are looking at the S&P 500 and all bonds issued by all entities. This could be around 35k instruments.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisearchapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

You can get all identifiers with one request, such as this:

it yields ~84,156 ISINs (after dropna())

But if you like to get some underlying info on those you will have to package the codes in multiple requests. If I need 3-4 fields, I can easily have 5000 items in my request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Zhanya, Thank you for your quick response and input! Just to confirm your answer- basically it can be done and we can use the Eikon API to extract all companies within the S&P 500 and their underlying issues? There is no limit as we have seen using Eikon for Excel? Further more- if I then want to extract some additional fields (i.e. coupon rate, maturity date) the no. of items significantly increases for my request. Thank you again!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.