Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Port 9000 was retrieved from .portInUse file

Hello,

I am very eager to get started with the API, but I am already running into issues.

My example:

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_id('xxx') # replaced ID
ek.get_symbology(["MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"], from_symbol_type="RIC", to_symbol_type="ISIN")

Should output:

ISIN
GOOG.O  US02079K1079
IBM.N   US4592001014
MSFT.O  US5949181045

However, my output is:

Port 9000 was retrieved from .portInUse file
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @bjl,

Have you tried placing the get_symbology() line on its own to see if you see any output? For example, within notebook, it looks like this:

If there is some kind of issue, I would expect to see some form of output.

ahs.png (12.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hello @nick.zincone.1

Your instinct was spot on.

I have to admit that I have not seen that behaviour before. Executing the code line-by-line does indeed yield the correct output.

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
41 0 0 1

Hi @bjl, have you defined the data frame variable ? please have a look into the quick start examples. I'm using Anaconda and I'm getting the same result with no result in the variable explorer

Adding a variable name and the "=" plus print of the variable will lead to

KR Norbert

bjl1.jpg (43.3 KiB)
bjl2.jpg (49.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.