question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 4 3 7

Received GenericMsg on not established stream

Hi all. I'm building an OMM provider / consumer pair that swap generic messages based on samples StarterProvider_genericMsg and StarterConsumer_genericmsg. I'm converting the samples to use ValueAdd. My consumer works - It connects to the sample StarterProvider and the two happily swap messages all day long. The problem is with my ValueAdd provider: When I bring it up and connect my consumer, I get the following error:

CmdID : 5

Has SubmitClosure : False

Status : StatusText : OMMProvider::submit(...) received GenericMsg on not established stream. StatusTextW :

State : Failure

StatusCode : NoResources

So can anyone tell me what I'm not doing in my provider? How do I establish the stream at the provider?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepstreammessage
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @RicknBaker

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@RicknBaker

I assume that you are using RFA C++ or .NET. From the status text ,it looks like the provider submit message to stream which already closed. Please make sure that provider application properly manage client session and passing valid reqeust token when submit the message.

-Do you have any console output log from both Provider and Consumer side?

Since you have craeted a new Provider application based on our example, you may compare the codes and steps with original example.

Also you may turn on RSSL Tracing log on both Provider and Consumer side. It could help verify stream and message between Provider and Consumer. To turn on RSSL tracing log, please add the following config to Provider and Consumer connection

\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsg = false
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgToFile = true
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\tracePing = true
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgFileName   = "<RSSL Consumer/Provider Trace file name>"
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgDomains = "all"
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceRespMsg = true
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceReqMsg = true
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgHex = false 
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgMaxMsgSize = 200000000
\Connections\<Connection_RSSL>\traceMsgMultipleFiles = true

<Connection_RSSL> is the name of Provider or Consumer connection in RFA configuration file. RFA will generate xml file name from traceMsgFileName for example RSSLConsumerTrace_<pid>.xml.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
38 4 3 7

I got this working. I hadn't set up the event stream with a request / response pair first.

That logging technique is very handy though, thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.