For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 5

TickHistoryTimeAndSalesExtractionRequest - Getting last price nearest to a date

Instead of getting all prices for a date/time range, how would a single get the price for a Ric nearest a supplied time. So if I want a price for BT.L nearest to say 30th Jan 2018 at time 15:30:00, then I want the latest price on that time or the nearest time before that. I only want a single record returned per Ric.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@william.a.maguire, I'm sorry, such a call is not available. I passed your message to the product team, you are not the first to ask for this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TRTH 12.1 Release notes page 6:

You can query multiple instruments each with its own date/time range. It is impossible to specify a point in time; it must be a range (start to end times).

This is in EAP (Early Access Program).

You need your own algorithm & code to select from the results the data closest to the point in time you want.

Note: data is only returned for the specified range, there is no look back. If it is too short there might be no data. You must find a trade off between range size and data volume, taking volatility into account.

See this thread for more details.

TRTH 12.2 is the same

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.