Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 4

Python input old ISIN and return RIC

In excel I can use RSearch to do this....

=RSearch("EQUITY","Search; SE0000143521","NBROWS:1",,)

and it will return the RIC even though the ISIN has been updated. Can I do this in python using symbology somehow? I see I can return the PermanentID for the security, but that is about all. RIC and other codes are NaNs?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisymbologyisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

With Eikon Data API, if you set bestMatch to False, it will return a list of mapped RICs.

map.png (23.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 2 4

Hi when I input bestMatch to the python code it returns an error, "unexpected keyword argument 'bestMatch' " Is there something else I need to change

icon clock
10 |1500

I think you must have an older version of eikon package installed. Upgrade eikon library from PyPI: run "pip install --upgrade eikon".

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.