For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 0 1

DDS REST API - HttpResponseException: Service Unavailable

I'm trying to perform an "FuturesAndOptionsSearch" for all options on the exchange "OPQ", using the REST HTTP API (e.g. I'm not using C#).

Ideally I would like to make an asynchronous request, but that doesn't seem to be possible for search? Now I'm using pagination, and am running into the following issue:

- If I set the "maxpagesize" to 200k, I get "HttpResponseException: Service Unavailable" (HTTP status: 503)

- If I set the "maxpagesize" to 50k, I get 5 pages, but the 6th fails with "HttpResponseException: Service Unavailable" (after approximatel 4 minutes)

I'm looking for any reccomendation on how I can get this to work reliably.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

@erik.gomersbach Hi Erik, sorry for the delay but after looking at the code I can confirm pagination for those calls are not implemented fully as indicated by Troy. May I know what your use cases are so I can bring this up to product management team to see if we can put in an enhanecment request?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

@erik.gomersbach As Troy mentioned in another post search pagination is not fully implemented and that maybe part of problem. Can you provide more details such as user id, json payload for request etc? I can route the details to our developers to have them take a look at it. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

In the answer to my prior request, which you refer to, setting "maxpagesize" to 200k is the proposed solution, but unfortunately this results in a new problem, which I raised in this post; e.g. "HttpResponseException: Service Unavailable".

The used-id I'm using is: 9015571 and my request is a simple request as describe at the beginning of this post.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

See also this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.